We are so excited to announce our very first Fish in a Tree short story competition!
Have you ever taken a moonlit stroll with a runaway troll?
Do you know what lurks beneath the leaves?
Can you tame a flying flumbletoft?
We want you to get outside and have fun exploring the whispering woods,
then use your awesome imagination to conjure up a splendid story!
We promise to read every single story.
A selection of stories will be chosen from each age category (*see Ts and Cs) and published, by Sojo Publishing Mouse, in a beautiful book.
The book will be sold in Waterstones and lots of other fabulous bookshops. This means that heaps of people get to read your brilliant story!
Not only that, a percentage of sales from the book will go to a fantastic children’s charity- The Flying Seagull Project
Please read the terms and conditions below really carefully.
Terms and conditions:
- All stories must start with the words- Deep in the whispering woods…
- Stories must be handwritten. After scanning and sending by email, the original copy must be kept.
- Only one story per entrant. Each entry must be wholly written by the child.
- Stories must not exceed 600 words. There is no minimum word count.
- Entries cannot be returned.
- *There are three age categories – age 5-8, age 9-12, age 13-16*
- Simple illustrations can be sent on a separate piece of paper, drawn in pencil or a thin pen. Some of these will be included in the book.
- All entries must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 31st October 2018.
Scan and send your entries to:
Please include your name and age.
(You MUST keep the original copy safe)
Remember, you may send illustrations but they must be drawn with a sharp pencil or a thin pen.
Jeanne Willis – Author of The Bog Baby and over a hundred other gorgeous books.
Andy Cope- Author of the Spy Dog series and many more. He is also the founder of The Art of Brilliance.
Richard Gerver – Former Headteacher turned bestselling author and international speaker.
We can’t wait to read your stories!